Re: FlexLocks

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>,<alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: FlexLocks
Date: 2011-12-02 21:11:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers
"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov> wrote:
> Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov> wrote:

>>> The extraWaits code still looks like black magic to me

>> [explanation of the extraWaits behavior]
>
> Thanks.  I'll spend some time reviewing this part.  There is some
> rearrangement of related code, and this should arm me with enough
> of a grasp to review that.

I got through that without spotting any significant problems,
although I offer the attached micro-optimizations for your
consideration.  (Applies over the top of your patches.)

As far as I'm concerned it looks great and "Ready for Committer"
except for the modularity/pluggability question.  Perhaps that could
be done as a follow-on patch (if deemed a good idea)?

-Kevin