Re: Limiting number of connections to PostgreSQL per IP (not per DB/user)?

From: Heiko Wundram <modelnine(at)modelnine(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Limiting number of connections to PostgreSQL per IP (not per DB/user)?
Date: 2011-11-30 08:23:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Am 29.11.2011 23:49, schrieb Tom Lane:
> Another way that we've sometimes recommended people handle custom login
> restrictions is
> (1) use PAM for authentication
> (2) find or write a PAM plugin that makes the kind of check you want

Very interesting - I'll first try the connlimit approach hinted at by
Filip, but if PostgreSQL does normal session setup/teardown using PAM
(I've never used PAM authentication for PostgreSQL before), this should
be a workable solution in case using iptables doesn't turn out to
properly handle disconnected sessions quickly enough.

Thanks for pointing me at the PAM!

--
--- Heiko.