Re: testing ProcArrayLock patches

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: testing ProcArrayLock patches
Date: 2011-11-21 17:31:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> It will be a great help if you could spare few minutes to also
> test the patch to take out the frequently accessed PGPROC members
> to a different array. We are seeing good improvements on HPUX IA
> platform and the AMD Opteron and it will be interesting to know
> what happens on the Intel platform too.

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4EB7C4C9.9070309@enterprisedb.com

It's going to be hard to arrange more of the 20-hours runs I've been
doing, but I can work in some more abbreviated tests.  What would be
the best test for this?  (I would hate to try and find out I didn't
exercise the right code path.)

-Kevin