Re: RFC: Extend psycopg2.connect to accept all valid parameters?

From: Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)dndg(dot)it>
To: "psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org" <psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RFC: Extend psycopg2.connect to accept all valid parameters?
Date: 2011-11-17 11:41:34
Lists: psycopg

On 17/11/11 12:39, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)dndg(dot)it> wrote:
>
>> > Never said doing it in Python is wrong. In fact anything that isn't
>> > time-critical (type conversions, etc.) at this point is OK in Python.
> I was also thinking that having the pair connect()/_connect() is
> perfect for regression testing: _connect() can be replaced with a stub
> to test the arguments conversion without really connecting.

Wunderful. But please don't rename the C function. Just "import as", to
avoid breaking API (not that I ever encountered Python code using
_psycopg.so directly but one never knows...)

--
Federico Di Gregorio <mailto:fog(at)initd(dot)org> <jid:fog(at)jabber(dot)linux(dot)it>
DISCLAIMER. If I receive a message from you, you are agreeing that: