STRICT SQL functions never inline

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: STRICT SQL functions never inline
Date: 2011-11-08 23:29:03
Lists: pgsql-performance

After having some production issues, I did some testing and it seems
that any SQL function declared STRICT will never inline.  As a result,
it won't work with either indexes (on the underlying predicate) or

This seems like a horrible gotcha for our users.  At the very least I'd
like to document it (in CREATE FUNCTION, presumably), but it would be
better to fix it.  Thoughts?

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

pgsql-performance by date