Re: BUG #6282: psql.exe cannot recognize specific 2byte SJIS character

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6282: psql.exe cannot recognize specific 2byte SJIS character
Date: 2011-11-08 07:10:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On 11/08/2011 10:47 AM, 池澤 和憲 wrote:
> Dear Itagaki-san,
>
> Please, no flames about my bad English.
>
> Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It seemed that I gave the
> insufficient
> information about psql.exe error.
>
> For example, there is the following folder structure.
>
> C:\構築フォルダ
> └A_TBL.sql
>
> Type the folowing command line in a command prompt and I can get the
> error message.
>
> C:\>psql --file="構築フォルダ\A_TBL.sql" --dbname=testdb

If I recall correctly, in shift-JIS, the backslash does not exist. Its
code point was re-used for the Yen symbol (¥) instead. On Shift-JIS
windows the Yen symbol is used as a path separator.

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shift_JISw
   http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2005/10/14/481044.aspx

You will need to use psql in a Unicode command prompt where the
backslash character is available. Alternately you might be able to use ¥
as a directory separator instead, so try:

   C:\>psql --file="構築フォルダ¥A_TBL.sql" --dbname=testdb

... or use the UNIX-style path separators that Windows understands and
accepts just fine:

   C:\>psql --file="構築フォルダ/A_TBL.sql" --dbname=testdb

--
Craig Ringer