Re: pg_restore: [custom archiver] error during file seek: Invalid argument

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Satheesan K Nair <support(at)shakthiinnovators(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore: [custom archiver] error during file seek: Invalid argument
Date: 2011-10-31 11:03:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 31.10.2011 12:12, Satheesan K Nair wrote:
> Our Operating System is Windows XP.
>
> Should we need to do any changes in any kind of configurations in
> Windows XP or PostgreSql??

According to the commit logs, there was a win32-related fix to this on
8.2, and some further MinGW-related changes in 8.4.

Regardless of this issue, I'd suggest that you upgrade to the latest
version, 9.1.1. 8.1 isn't supported anymore, and 8.2 is just about to
reach EOL by the end of December
(http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Release_Support_Policy).

> We are trying to restore the data base backup in 8.1 version through 9.1
> PGAdmin III.
>
> PGDump ran through "Fedora Linux 10 (Data Base Server) OS".
>
> Is there any other chance to give the above error? I meant something like,
> 1.pgdump not completed the dumping properly,
> 2.the Backup file is not saved/copied properly, etc??

I believe the dump is OK, but restoring it doesn't work on version 8.1
on Windows.

--
Heikki Linnakangas