PostgreSQL at LISA in Boston: Dec. 7-8

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL at LISA in Boston: Dec. 7-8
Date: 2011-10-27 22:06:31
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

All,

We are going to be doing a booth at Usenix LISA[1] conference in Boston
from December 7-8. If you live in Boston and are a PostgreSQL
enthusiast, or if you plan to attend LISA, I want your help!

I need booth volunteers to help me work the booth. All you need is some
general knowledge of how to use PostgreSQL, enthusiasm, and 3 (or more)
free hours. We will supply the rest, including flyers, magazines, and a
t-shirt for volunteers. If you don't already have a pass for the
conference, I will get you one for the exhibit hall.

Or you can attend the full conference if you pay a registration fee; get
$100 off with our community discount, LISA11POSTGRE.

We will also have a BOF[2] on the night of the 7th at the conference
hotel, where I will demo some 9.1 and 9.2 features and talk about the
Postgres project.

Finally, PalominoDB is organizing a Boston PUG (PostgreSQL User Group)
meeting at which I will speak. Details TBD, but expect it at MIT on one
of the nights of the 5th, 6th, or 8th. Maybe we can start a regular
BostonPUG!

[1] Large Information Systems Administration:
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa11/exhibition.html
[2] http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa11/bofs.html#postgres

--
Josh Berkus