Re: All and ANY

From: Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: salah jubeh <s_jubeh(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: All and ANY
Date: 2011-10-26 20:37:34
Lists: pgsql-general
On 27/10/11 02:38, salah jubeh wrote:

> Can someone please direct me where I can find documentation about ALL
> and ANY  functions.  I searched postgresql documentation but I did not
> find the appropriate pages
> Thanks in advance
Read the reference URLs provided by the other replies, as I quote only
part of the pg 9.1.1 manual below to give a tast...

    9.20.5. ALL
    *
    expression operator ALL (subquery)*

    The right-hand side is a parenthesized subquery, which must return
    exactly one column. The left-hand expression is evaluated and
    compared to each row of the subquery result using the given
    operator, which must yield a Boolean result. The result of ALL is
    "true" if all rows yield true (including the case where the subquery
    returns no rows). The result is "false" if any false result is
    found. The result is NULL if the comparison does not return false
    for any row, and it returns NULL for at least one row.

Cheers,
Gavin