Re: BUG #6247: Freeswitch will crash after 2-3 days within odbc connection

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: STIEG Heimo <Heimo(dot)STIEG(at)nextiraone(dot)eu>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #6247: Freeswitch will crash after 2-3 days within odbc connection
Date: 2011-10-12 07:32:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On 10/12/2011 03:21 PM, STIEG Heimo wrote:
> OH, I thought, that the psql maintains also the odbc driver.

The PostgreSQL odbc driver, psqlODBC, is maintained as a project
associated with (though not part of) PostgreSQL proper.

unixODBC, which is the ODBC implementation for UNIX, has nothing to do
with PostgreSQL. I think the PostgreSQL ODBC driver is primarily used on
Windows for ODBC on Windows systems, though of course unixODBC should
also be supported.

Looking at your stack trace, it doesn't look like the psqlODBC driver is
involved, unless it's indirectly by corrupting memory. It crashes in
unixODBC proper.

If you have an issue with unixODBC its self, you need to report that to
the unixODBC maintainers. See http://www.unixodbc.org/

If the issue does turn out to be with the psqlODBC driver, then please
provide more detail including `mylog' from the psqlODBC driver, the ODBC
trace logs, a query history from PostgreSQL, an explanation of your
reasoning, and preferably a self-contained test case allowing others to
reproduce the issue without having to have freeswitch etc.

--
Craig Ringer