Re: [REVIEW] Patch for cursor calling with named parameters

From: Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Royce Ausburn <royce(dot)ml(at)inomial(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [REVIEW] Patch for cursor calling with named parameters
Date: 2011-10-11 12:38:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Royce,

Thanks again for testing.

On 2011-10-11 13:55, Royce Ausburn wrote:

> Just one small thing: it'd be nice to have an example for cursor declaration with named parameters. Your patch adds one for opening a cursor, but not for declaring one.

Declaration of cursors with named parameters is already part of
PostgreSQL (so it is possible to use the parameter names in the cursor
query instead of $1, $2, etc.) and it also already documented with an
example, just a few lines above the open examples. See curs3 on
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/plpgsql-cursors.html

> Other than that, I think the patch is good. Everything works as advertised =)

Thanks!

--
Yeb Havinga
http://www.mgrid.net/