Is there really no interest in SQL Standard?

From: Susanne Ebrecht <susanne(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Is there really no interest in SQL Standard?
Date: 2011-09-16 06:24:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello all,

what I saw on PHP unconference told me that I should ask all again.

I feel lonely. Believe me it is a bad feeling when it seems that nobody has
interests in what you are doing.

Since 4 years I am PostgreSQL representative in SQL Standard committee.

Always, when I suggested to talk about my work in the SQL committee on
community
events, a committee rejected it. This just showed me that nobody really
has interests
in my work.

I now learned that such a event committee not always is able to estimate
interests correct.

The only two persons who sometimes support me are David F. and Peter.

The next ISO meeting will be soon - and of course there are lots of
drafts that needs
decisions.

I am not allowed to share the drafts in public. Because the drafts are
confidential.
But I am allowed to share the drafts with the group of ppl who are
supporting me.
Of course I am allowed to discuss the drafts with my folk before I will
give my votes and comments.

Is there really only David and Peter who have interests?

I not really want to believe it.

Isn't it possible to create a closed mailing list - a list that won't
get published - on which
I can discuss SQL Standard stuff with the folk who wants to support me?

I don't fear to make decisions on my own - but speaking for the whole
project without
getting feedback - is a worse feeling.

Usually, when I feel unsure how I should decide I just bother Peter -
but I would prefer
to have some more ppl in my background.

Susanne

--
Susanne Ebrecht - 2ndQuadrant
www.2ndQuadrant.com

Next:From: Brendan JurdDate: 2011-09-16 06:38:39