Re: Alpha 1 for 9.2

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Alpha 1 for 9.2
Date: 2011-09-12 13:46:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On 9/12/11 2:23 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> Note that these are only numbers from people who click through the
> flags pages on the website. We don't have numbers for people who
> download directly from the FTP site or a mirror.

I'd say that 1200 downloads of each alpha is pretty significant.  If
even 1/4 of those people actually do testing, then that's a lot more
than we had for 8.3.  It's also a heck of a lot more than I'd expect.

Sure, it's 5% of an update versions' downloads.  So what?  We don't
expect most people do to alpha testing.  But if *hundreds* of people are
doing alpha testing, we want them to keep doing it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.