Fwd: ODBC breaks on some machines

From: Albert <awessel(at)masterap(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: ODBC breaks on some machines
Date: 2011-09-12 09:54:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc

  Hi,

We  have a strange problem going on. The postgres ODBC breaks down at
random at some machines.

What happens is:  Via ODBC we call an postgresql function (as example
this: ) :

select getmynumber('abc') as result;

This works fine we can use the result in our application. However, on
some of our customers PC's this suddenly stops working. We get an ODBC
error Error -1:''  The only thing I can find in the odbc logging that is
different opposed to the correct situation: QLExtendedFetch  with return
code -1 (SQL_ERROR)

It seems random that this occurs. I cannot relate it to a windows patch,
nor another software installation nor our own software.  The problem,
over the course of 2 years, happens every now and then on some random
pc. The only thing we have found to get it working again is to reinstall
Windows. (it has happened now on several XP and several Windows 7 machines)

The client application uses MFC ODBC.

I have logging of odbc, mylog and psqlodc available.

Can somebody help with this?
Kind regards,
Albert Wessel
*
*

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: albertDate: 2011-09-12 19:35:33