Re: Alpha 1 for 9.2

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Alpha 1 for 9.2
Date: 2011-09-06 18:41:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Yes, it has always been a time vs. value question. I am not sure how I
> feel on the matter but I am away too often to help anyway.

I think the alphas have been extremely valuable for testing. And with
some of the stuff going into CF1 and CF2 for 9.2, we really need some
early testing.

Or, to put it another way: if we don't release an Alpha2, then we're
going to need to do a packaged alpha with Haas's performance patches anyway.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.