Re: The translation into Bulgarian

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Albert Ward" <albert(dot)ward(at)gmx(dot)com>,<pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The translation into Bulgarian
Date: 2011-09-01 13:52:38
Lists: pgsql-docs

"Albert Ward" <albert(dot)ward(at)gmx(dot)com> wrote:

> I am interested in your publication
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/kernel-resources.html
> and would like to translate it to Bulgarian language, so I can
> share it with the readers on my blog. For doing that I need your
> written permission.

If you follow the "PostgreSQL 8.1" link at the top of the page you
cite, and then the "Copyright" link from there, you will find the
permission already granted, with the requirement that the copyright
notice accompany your version.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/LEGALNOTICE.html

It is odd that you would be looking at version 8.1, though. That is
no longer a supported version.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Release_Support_Policy

Perhaps you should consider the latest released version:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/kernel-resources.html

or the soon to be released version:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/kernel-resources.html

-Kevin