setlocale() and gettext on Windows revisited

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Dave Page <dave(dot)page(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: setlocale() and gettext on Windows revisited
Date: 2011-08-31 19:30:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Back in January/February, a patch was committed to avoid using libintl's
version of setlocale:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-01/msg02628.php

The comment says it was about a problem with printf() and friends, so I
wonder, why was that "#undef setlocale" line put inside the larger
"#ifdef USE_REPL_SNPRINTF" block? If I understand the problem correctly,
it has nothing to do with our replacement snprintf() function.

Fortunately, we always use the replacement snprintf() code on Windows,
so there's no user-visible bug here, but if you imagine that we didn't
USE_REPL_SNPRINTF on Windows, we would still want the "#undef setlocale"
to take effect, right? I think that block is misplaced.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

Next:From: Jim NasbyDate: 2011-08-31 19:45:59