Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #01 : Let's get it started ! help wanted !

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #01 : Let's get it started ! help wanted !
Date: 2011-08-26 18:52:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Le 26/08/2011 00:32, Jaime Casanova a écrit :
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:32 PM, damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info> wrote:
>> hi guys,
>>
>> The issue #00 of PostgreSQL Magazine was a demo and it proved that
>> there's a public for a regular magazine dedicated to PostgreSQL. The
>> stats from the pgmag.org website show that the PDF version is the most
>> popular : we got approx. 4000 readers for the demo issue. Meanwhile the
>> paper version was warmly welcomed at pgcon and others conferences....
>>

> do you know what happen with the translations? never finished?

I guess so... I must admit i've been offline most of the summer and i
did not follow the various translating. This is one of the thing that
need to be improved.

>>  * Frequency
>
> my only opinion here, is try to coordinate one of the editions with
> the release of a new version (at least with a one month boundary)

Yes that'd be perfect. This more or less how the ubuntu's full circle
magazine works. AFAIK it's the only open-source community-driven
magazine that has 4 or 5 active translations teams. But despite that the
various teams don't work at the same speed and frequency.

So for now i don't want to put to much pressure on the guys translating
pg_mag. Especially i think it's not a big problem if there a few months
delay between the orginal and the translated versions.

--
damien clochard
dalibo.com | dalibo.org