Re: replication from Oracle to PostgreSQL?

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: CS DBA <cs_dba(at)consistentstate(dot)com>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, PG Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: replication from Oracle to PostgreSQL?
Date: 2011-08-12 23:37:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 12/08/2011 10:40 PM, CS DBA wrote:

>> There are lots of ETL tools available, and there's always the
>> roll-your-own queue-based trigger replication system option. Of
>> course, both options would probably cost more than buying EDB's
>> already built and tested version...
>>
> interesting idea, any specific ETL tools you could recommend?

The main open source ones I hear about are Talend
(http://uk.talend.com/index.php) and Pentaho (http://www.pentaho.com/).
These are the only two I hear of people on this list using, but that
doesn't mean others don't see use too.

Others found in a quick search include CloverETL
(http://www.cloveretl.com/) and Aptar (http://apatar.com/). I'm sure
there are tons more, but who knows what they're like.

--
Craig Ringer