Re: ZPsycopgDA Isolation Levels Bug

From: Federico Di Gregorio <federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ZPsycopgDA Isolation Levels Bug
Date: 2011-08-09 18:38:12
Lists: psycopg

On 09/08/11 20:16, Lex Berezhny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a pretty large Zope application that completely stopped
> working (no transactions were being commited) after upgrading from
> psycopg 2.4.1 to 2.4.2.
>
> When I create the ZPsycopgDA adapter in the ZMI using Autocommit (via
> the patch I submitted) as the Isolation Level it starts working again.
>
> I think it would be useful to have all of the available isolation
> levels in the drop down since they are all described in the API.
>
> In our case, our application doesn't work at all without Autocommit.
> ZSQL methods never commit. Even when using the database adapter "Test"
> tab to run ad hoc queries all of them rollback.

So, you're saying that psycopg 2.4.2 is broken (vs Zope) and that the
right way to fix it is to add autocommit (i.e., if the page fails your
changes are committed to the database anyway). I'm, not sure I like
that. ;) We'll try to fix the Zope problem before 2.4.3 release.

In the meantime, thanks for the patch.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it
Studio Associato Di Nunzio e Di Gregorio http://dndg.it