Re: libedit memory stomp is apparently fixed in OS X Lion

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libedit memory stomp is apparently fixed in OS X Lion
Date: 2011-08-01 20:39:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 08/01/2011 04:23 PM, David Fetter wrote:

>> The scope or number of files is irrelevant. Having just a single
>> GPL'd file in those installers makes it impossible for ISVs to
>> bundle them with their products, unless they open source them under
>> a GPL compatible licence.
> I know of no one, not even the wackiest AGPL loony-tune, who claims
> that the GPL is infectious to the degree you're describing.

Years ago I was told exactly that by some perhaps over-enthusiastic
MySQL Sales staff (in the pre-Sun days). They also had a *very*
expansive notion of what constituted "distribution". These guys are thus
indirectly responsible to some extent for my involvement over the last
eight years or so with PostgreSQL, proof that good may come of evil, if
you like :-)

cheers

andrew