Here is a rebased version of per-column FDW options patch. I've
proposed this patch in last CF, but it was marked as returned with
feedback. So I would like to propose in next CF 2011-09. I already
moved CF item into new topic "SQL/MED" of CF 2011-09.
I didn't change the patch except rebasing against head, so this patch
includes changes below:
* New attribute attfdwoptions of pg_attribute hold per-column FDW
options, so this patch needs bumping catversion.
* CREATE/ALTER FOREIGN TABLE statement accept OPTIONS (key 'value')
syntax for per-column FDW options.
* New information_schema.column_options view shows per-column FDW
options of accessible foreign tables.
* \d+ shows per-column options, only for foreign tables.
* pg_dump support dumping per-column FDW options as ALTER FOREIGN TABLE
IIUC, one of the reasons why this patch hasn't been accepted is that we
don't have a consensus about storage for per-column FDW options. I
think that separating attributes would be better for several reasons:
* FDW options might conflict reloptions/attoptions.
* FDW options and reloptions have different syntax, so pg_dump would
need to switch the format depending on target table's relkind.
I also attached a rebased version of force_not_null patch, which adds
force_not_null option support to file_fdw. This is a use case of
per-column FDW option.
* 英語 - 自動検出
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Florian Pflug||Date: 2011-07-29 09:37:06|
|Subject: Re: XMLATTRIBUTES vs. values of type XML|
|Previous:||From: daveg||Date: 2011-07-29 06:31:31|
|Subject: Re: error: could not find pg_class tuple for index 2662|