Policy on pulling in code from other projects?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Policy on pulling in code from other projects?
Date: 2011-07-21 17:43:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hey,

So I am looking intently on what it is going to take to get the URI
patch done for psql [1] and was digging around the web and have a URI
parser library. It is under the New BSD license and is strictly RFC  RFC
3986 [2] compliant .

Now I have not dug into the code but the parser is used by other
projects. So question is:

Assuming the code actually makes this patch easier, do we:

A. Pull in the code into the main tree
B. Instead have it as a requirement via configure?

1.
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/1302114698.23164.17.camel@jd-desktop

2. http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2011-07-21 17:58:12