Policy on pulling in code from other projects?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Policy on pulling in code from other projects?
Date: 2011-07-21 17:43:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

So I am looking intently on what it is going to take to get the URI
patch done for psql [1] and was digging around the web and have a URI
parser library. It is under the New BSD license and is strictly RFC  RFC
3986 [2] compliant .

Now I have not dug into the code but the parser is used by other
projects. So question is:

Assuming the code actually makes this patch easier, do we:

A. Pull in the code into the main tree
B. Instead have it as a requirement via configure?

Joshua D. Drake

Command Prompt, Inc. -
The PostgreSQL Conference -
@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2011-07-21 17:58:12