PostgreSQL Conference West to sponsor feature development

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Conference West to sponsor feature development
Date: 2011-07-13 19:11:53
Lists: pgsql-announce
July 11, 2011, Muck City Alabama

#PgWest, the West Coast PostgreSQL Conference is pleased to announce the
first in a series of PostgreSQL.Org community initiatives. Sponsored
PostgreSQL Feature Development.

The Conference is already the largest direct financial contributor to
the PostgreSQL community but money isn't always what the community
needs. One of the things our community needs is a way to create a stable
financial environment for developers to receive compensation for
development they are performing.

The PostgreSQL Conference series is also the single largest collection
of PostgreSQL people (and companies) with wallets and every six months
we get together to learn, party and network all in the name of
PostgreSQL. This year we are also going to raise money for feature
development.

There will be up to 5 feature proposals on the table from multiple
developers at the conference. One of the goals of the conference will be
to fully fund those proposals before the end of the conference. Further
information will be forthcoming on the process to submit your proposal.

See you in September (09/27 - 09/30) at the San Jose Convention Center
and remember the call for papers is still open:

https://www.postgresqlconference.org/talk_types

Thanks to our sponsors:

Cirrus
2ndQuadrant
Open Hosting, Inc.
@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

pgsql-announce by date

Next:From: David ChristensenDate: 2011-07-15 00:19:05