Re: Named Cursors WITH HOLD

From: Federico Di Gregorio <federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org, deavidsedice(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Named Cursors WITH HOLD
Date: 2011-07-05 08:29:58
Lists: psycopg

On 05/07/11 09:07, deavid wrote:
> Hi, i'm using psycopg and i'm noticing that Named Cursors are being
> deleted by PostgreSQL whenever i do a commit. This is the default
> behaviour specified in [1], but there is a parameter when creating a
> cursor called "WITH HOLD" that allows a cursor outside any
> transaction.

I first try at WITH HOLD is available from the devel branch:

git://luna.dndg.it/public/psycopg2

Example code:

curs = conn.cursort("NAME")
curs.withhold = True
curs.execute("SELECT ...");
conn.commit()
curs.fetchXXX()

It should work. If it doesn't work please report any bug so that we can
fix them before the release.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it
Studio Associato Di Nunzio e Di Gregorio http://dndg.it