serializable installcheck

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: serializable installcheck
Date: 2011-06-29 20:22:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I've discovered (the hard way) that if you run `make installcheck`
with default_transaction_isolation = 'serializable' and you have a
serializable read write transaction sitting idle (or prepared) that
the "transactions" test will block indefinitely waiting for a safe
time to run, because of the test of the READ ONLY DEFERRABLE code.
I think that's OK, but figured I should make people aware of the
fact and see if everyone agrees.

I will admit that it can be confusing until you find the idle or
prepared transaction.

-Kevin

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Florian PflugDate: 2011-06-29 20:26:39