Re: Crediting reviewers & bug-reporters in the release notes

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crediting reviewers & bug-reporters in the release notes
Date: 2011-06-27 17:23:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> I think we'd do both the readers of the actual release notes and those
> who want to be credited a service if we separated those lists anyway.
> We could just have a list of names after the change list, "The following
> contributed to this release" or something like that.

I'd be fine with that. Or, for that matter, putting it on the web site.

Note that we do have a whole list of *code contributors* who aren't
getting credited except in the release notes: people who contributed one
small patch to one release, and then not again. These folks don't make
it onto the Contributors page, so we need to credit them *somewhere*.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.