Re: Performance issue with Insert

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Jenish" <jenishvyas(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance issue with Insert
Date: 2011-06-27 14:37:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

Jenish <jenishvyas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I am using postgres 8.4.x

With x being what? On what OS and hardware?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

> After insert trigger is recursive trigger.

So are you counting only the top level inserts or also the ones
generated by the recursive inserts?

> My question.
>
> How to avoid the bottleneck?

First you need to find out what the bottleneck is.

> Parallel processing is possible in Postgres? How?

To achieve parallel processing in PostgreSQL you need to use
multiple connections.

-Kevin