Re: is there any policy on event sponsors?

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: is there any policy on event sponsors?
Date: 2011-06-25 20:27:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On 06/25/2011 07:11 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> An example of a company I would consider an exception to that would be
> SCO.

Little known bit of my personal history:  my switching to full-time
PostgreSQL work was financed by a six month sabbatical paid for by a
windfall from shorting SCO stock.  If anyone manages to get money from
SCO for sponsoring a PostgreSQL conference, I'll match their sponsorship
if you let me have a 15-minute keynote spot telling the story of how it
happened.  Just make sure their check clears first.