Re: seq scan in the case of max() on the primary key column

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: seq scan in the case of max() on the primary key column
Date: 2011-06-22 17:01:43
Lists: pgsql-performance
On 06/22/2011 05:55 AM, Marti Raudsepp wrote:
> Now I created a wiki snippet page for this handy
> feature here:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Efficient_min/max_over_partitioned_table

I just tweaked this a bit to document the version compatibility issues
around it and make it easier to follow.  I think that's now the page we
should point people toward when this pops up again.  Between that and my
blog post I reference in it, they can find all the details and a
workaround in one place.