Strange query plan difference between two machines

From: Ron Arts <ron(dot)arts(at)neonova(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Strange query plan difference between two machines
Date: 2011-06-19 17:42:12
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I have two machines that have the same database with the same table
and indexes (definitions are exactly the same). I compared the postgresql.conf
and they are the same.

Still the SQL query plan differs greatly for the same query. VACUUM ANALYZE
does not make a difference, neither does recreating the indexes.

Any hints on what could cause this? What can I check? How can I
debug it?

Thanks,
Ron

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Thom BrownDate: 2011-06-19 18:10:21
Previous:From: Thomas KellererDate: 2011-06-18 19:10:10
Subject: Re: Compare dates