SSI tuning points

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SSI tuning points
Date: 2011-06-17 21:50:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers
The attached patch addresses one of the open non-blockers for beta3.

These are tuning points which emerged in testing.  The first is more
likely to be helpful.  The second may be very important in a few
types of transaction mixes, but I threw in a lot of weasel words and
qualifiers because someone could easily try this to bring down the
transaction retry rate, but suffer a net loss in throughput because
less efficient plans could be chosen.  I hope I made that point in a
reasonable fashion, although I'm certainly open to suggestions for
better wording.

-Kevin

Next:From: Joseph AdamsDate: 2011-06-17 22:06:58