pgsql-jobs moderation

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgsql-jobs moderation
Date: 2011-06-13 21:17:18
Lists: pgsql-www

WWW,

(1) Who are the current moderators for pgsql-jobs?

(2) I think that we should change the settings of pgsql-jobs to be "all
posts are moderated, even from subscribers". There are two reasons for
this:

(2.1) Several recruiters have, in the past, posted completely
inappropriate jobs (MySQL-only or Oracle-only jobs, for example) or
stupidly incomplete job announcements.

(2.2) Once a month or so, someone replies to the list instead of to the
sender with their resume, to their embarassment.

Given that pgsql-jobs is NOT a discussion list, I see no drawback to
moderating all posts. I will happily sign up as a moderator for this list.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.