Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please !

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please !
Date: 2011-06-09 20:38:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 6/9/11 12:58 AM, damien clochard wrote:
> My intention is provide advocacy material to local user groups in the
> form of a classy and eye-catching magazine. I've been behind a
> PostgreSQL booth more than once, and i've always been disappointed by
> the quality of promotional leaflets and flyers we were giving.
> Especially compared to level of what you can find for other RDBMS booth.

Right, so you missed the point that the magazine needs to be easy/cheap
to print everywhere, or it doesn't get distributed at all.

> Based on the lulu.com pricing, you can get 100 copies for US$710
> (without shipping). Is that the numbers you found too ?

... plus shipping. As opposed to getting 200 copies made for *free*,
which I can do if it's US Letter. If we have to pay $7 each for copies
of the magazine, we're going to be pretty reluctant to give them out.
Which is the exact opposite of what I thought you wanted.

I'm not asking you to reformat the magazine as US Letter. I'm asking
you to allow others to do so, without pitching a fit that they're
messing up your magazine. And the reason I asked for a volunteer to
reformat is that my desire is to have a US Letter layout which looks as
good as the current A4 layout, rather than something which has huge
awkward margins and text shrunk 10%.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.