Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project

From: Joe Abbate <jma(at)freedomcircle(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Kim Bisgaard <kim+pg(at)alleroedderne(dot)adsl(dot)dk>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project
Date: 2011-05-31 17:59:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On 05/31/2011 01:13 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Just to be clear, crawling the current archives for this info is
> probably the easiest part of the whole project. In fact, the majority
> of the information you'd need is *already* in a postgresql database on
> search.postgresql.org.

Does that database have the bug number, PG version and OS as separate
columns, or is it simply an index over all the messages across all the
lists?  I think a table just of bug info would be useful at this time,
e.g., to load a potential candidate.  However, the message database --if
it includes the message bodies-- would obviously be easier to work with
than web crawling.

Joe