Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project
Date: 2011-05-31 16:32:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> On mån, 2011-05-30 at 21:52 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> I have used RT and I found that the
>> web interface was both difficult to use and unwieldly for tickets
>> containing large numbers of messages.  Maybe those those things have
>> been improved, but frankly if RT or Bugzilla is the best we can come
>> up with then I'd rather not have a bug tracker at all.
>
> Given that you have been one of the people calling for a bug tracker,
> and these are the two most widely used systems available, what's wrong
> with them and what else would you suggest?

Just FYI, CMD uses redmine and so far it is the best we have found. It
isn't perfect certainly but overall it does a nice job. It supports
email integration as well as plugins (we have even written a couple).

Alvaro has also brought up the system that Debian uses which is actually
email based versus web based.

JD

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579