Re: serveRAID M5014 SAS

From: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>, postgres performance list <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: serveRAID M5014 SAS
Date: 2011-05-26 23:42:56
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 27/05/11 11:22, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> On 27/05/11 11:19, Greg Smith wrote:
>> Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>>> You can interrogate the config of the card and the raid 10 array
>>> using the megaraid cli package - you need to read the (frankly
>>> terrible) manual to discover which switches to use to determine
>>> battery and cache status etc. If you email me privately I'll get you
>>> a link to the relevant docs!
>>
>> That's assuming the MegaCli utility will work against IBM's version
>> of the card. They use an LSI chipset for the RAID parts, but I don't
>> know if the card is so similar that it will talk using that utility
>> or not.
>
> It does seem to.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mark

e.g checking battery status:

root(at)learn-db2:~# MegaCli64 -AdpBbuCmd -GetBbuStatus -a0

BBU status for Adapter: 0

BatteryType: iBBU
Voltage: 4040 mV
Current: 0 mA
Temperature: 28 C

BBU Firmware Status:

Charging Status : None
Voltage : OK
Temperature : OK
Learn Cycle Requested : No
Learn Cycle Active : No
Learn Cycle Status : OK
Learn Cycle Timeout : No
I2c Errors Detected : No
Battery Pack Missing : No
Battery Replacement required : No
Remaining Capacity Low : No
Periodic Learn Required : No
Transparent Learn : No

Battery state:

GasGuageStatus:
Fully Discharged : No
Fully Charged : Yes
Discharging : Yes
Initialized : Yes
Remaining Time Alarm : No
Remaining Capacity Alarm: No
Discharge Terminated : No
Over Temperature : No
Charging Terminated : No
Over Charged : No

Relative State of Charge: 99 %
Charger System State: 49168
Charger System Ctrl: 0
Charging current: 0 mA
Absolute state of charge: 99 %
Max Error: 2 %

Exit Code: 0x00

Reminds me of out from DB2 diag commands (years ago...am ok now).