Re: BUG #5994: Can't excute DBI->connect to oracle by client site

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: 李紅兵 <lihongbing(at)intasect(dot)com(dot)cn>
Cc: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5994: Can't excute DBI->connect to oracle by client site
Date: 2011-05-11 06:17:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 11/05/11 13:53, 李紅兵 wrote:
> Perhaps you misunderstanding what I mean.
> I can connect to postgreSQL server correctly,
> but When I connect postgreSQL with TCP Sockets, it return error to
> connect to oracle server by DBI->connect from perlu script.
>
> When I connect postgreSQL with Unix Domain Sockets,it works well.

Are you _certain_ that you're connecting to the same database on the
same machine when you use TCP vs unix sockets? The simplest explanation
for this problem would be that you're running different test perlu code
or running it on different machines/DBs when connecting via TCP than
when connecting via unix socket.

If that's not the case, about the only thing I can imagine is some weird
kernel security module getting in the way. Maybe something that tries to
isolate processes started as a result of tcp/ip connections so they
can't make new connections themselves, or something crazy like that. You
wouldn't happen to be on a box with SELinux/Apparmor/TOMOYO/SMACK/etc,
would you?

--
Craig Ringer