How to obtain the max length of a varchar(50) field.

From: Mauro Ziliani <mauro(at)faresoftware(dot)it>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to obtain the max length of a varchar(50) field.
Date: 2011-05-05 08:50:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all.
I'm working with Postgres 9.0 and wxWidgets.
I need to query the db about a field of a table.

The table T has a field varchar(50).

table: TAB0
customer: varchar(50)

How can I get the max size of the field?

The PQfsize function give me -1 because the field has dynamic size.

Can you help me?

Best regards
MZ.