Re: Wiki content license

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wiki content license
Date: 2011-04-30 02:48:17
Lists: pgsql-www
On 04/07/2011 07:19 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> The content of our wiki is licensed per this page:
> However, from what I can tell, this is only linked once you open the
> editor on a page. Thus, as a visitor, you can't see what license
> things are available under.
> Can we get this into for example the list of links at the bottom of
> each page, in some easy way?
> if not, we should just link it from
>, but having a
> direct link is probably better?

Don't all shout at once.  This actually impacts some of the commercial
terms fuzziness I already caused trouble over.  Some of the things I was
concerned about were uploads that seemed to be copyrighted portions of
the uploader's software, which isn't good for them or the wiki.

Since there wasn't a rush to fix the page template (which probably is
more trouble than it's worth), I just improved the following pages:

To make the copyright license issue more obvious instead.  And to
further eliminate using the word "licence", which was particularly
dubious in cases where it was being used as a verb.

Eliminating the similarities between the disclaimer and about page might
be helpful too.  But I don't see an obvious way to refactor out the
redundant bits that keeps all the useful warnings in each spot, so
leaving that overlap in there for now.

PostgreSQL Training, Services, and 24x7 Support