Re: FUSION-IO io cards

From: Joachim Worringen <joachim(dot)worringen(at)iathh(dot)de>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FUSION-IO io cards
Date: 2011-04-29 19:15:33
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 04/29/2011 06:52 PM, gnuoytr(at)rcn(dot)com wrote:
> TMS RAMSAN is a DRAM device. TMS built DRAM SSDs going back decades,
> but have recently gotten into flash SSDs as well. The DRAM parts are
> in an order of magnitude more expensive than others' flash SSDs, gig
> by gig. Also, about as fast as off cpu storage gets.

Their naming convention is a bit confusing, but in fact the RamSan boxes
are available in flash and RAM-based variants:

"The RamSan-630 offers 10 TB SLC Flash storage, 1,000,000 IOPS (10 GB/s)
random sustained throughput, and just 500 watts power consumption."

I was referring to those. Of course, they may be more expensive than
FusionIO. You get what you pay for (in this case).

--
Joachim Worringen
Senior Performance Architect

International Algorithmic Trading GmbH