Re: Time to update regional contacts!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to update regional contacts!
Date: 2011-04-29 17:01:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Ricardo,

> for the translation of the official PostgreSQL documentation into Spanish,
> which through no fault has not been concluded. I think it is fair to
> recognize my participation.

It's not about recognition.  It's about *doing work* for the release:
translating, contacting the press, and distributing announcements.
There is no status or advantage associated with being a Regional Contact.

The *contributors list* is for recognition, and I'll add your name in
there for the next review of changes.

Anyway, please talk this over with Juan.  If you and him want to switch
this year, it's fine with me.  However, I'll point out that the 9.1
release is liable to be right around the same time as pgConf Colombia,
so it's probably not a good idea for you to be doing both at the same time.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.