Re: BUG #5297: Add XATMI C API

From: Michael Musgrove <mmusgrov(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5297: Add XATMI C API
Date: 2011-04-26 10:01:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs
We would certainly be very interested in testing XA support. Our project
is called BlackTie - it's an XATMI implementation. We use the JBossTS
transaction manager for the transaction engine - although JBossTS is
written in Java, providing XA support was reasonably easy since it
conforms to the OTS specification which means we can control
transactions from a C based XA environment.

There is an example of using different resource managers within
transactions:
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/blacktie/trunk/atmibroker-xatmi/src/example/txfooapp
The files ora.c and db2.c show user code accessing resources from two
different vendors  - the XA specific information is defined in
btconfig.xml (basically it just exposes the XA open string, the symbol
name of the xa switch structure and the name of the library that exports
the switch symbol).