Re: Reconnection problem.

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Piotr Czekalski <pczekalski(at)techbaza(dot)pl>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reconnection problem.
Date: 2011-04-26 09:48:39
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Le 25/04/2011 12:44, Piotr Czekalski a écrit :
> [...]
> First of all - Happy Easter to all of the readers!
>
> I've got a question related to the reconnection procedure, when
> connection lost.
> It is quite easy to do in the main PgAdmin window, but how do I
> reconnect to the same database when operating within SQL Query window?
> When connection lost, I do can connect to the other databases using
> combobox located on the toolbar, but can't reconnect to the one that was
> used before connection was lost.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
> 1. Configure connections at least to the two databases, connect to the
> first of them.
> 2. Open SQL Query window, write and execute some query.
> 3. Disconnect and reconnet your network connection.
> 4. Your connection is dropped - try to reconnect -> impossible, but you
> still can connect to the other database than in point 1.

Yeah, if the selected parameters are the same than an old connection,
then we use the old connection, so that we don't get too many
connections to the same handle (host/database/user). We should probably
first check if the connection is still available and reconnect otherwise.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr