Re: 1.12.3 built

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brsaweda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 1.12.3 built
Date: 2011-04-20 18:28:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Aloha!

I have been working with 1.12.3 on Win XP for a day now. Databases are pg 8.4.7 on Debian Lenny - so, not the latest stuff.
Except from the problem with upgrading from 1.12.2 the overall impression is very good. The new version seems generally more responsive.
Especially the small fixes for the search/replace dialog in the SQL window are a bliss (only one OK-pop-up, when search string is not found; 1 tab
needed, instead of 2, to navigate from search field to replace field).

I checked for this in particular, as I reported it:
2011-01-09 GL 1.12.3 Fix uncalled CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW when changing privileges on an existing view
Looks good.

I noticed a couple of small issues on the server status window:
- Menu-Help-Help does not do anything.
- Identical icons for "Copy selected text ..." and "Open the query tool with ..". Should be distinguishable.
- Colors in Acrivity pane are not explained anywhere (I think that has been discussed already.)
If you want me to, I will open tickets for these issues .

Regards
Erwin