Re: Major features for 9.1

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>,<pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Major features for 9.1
Date: 2011-04-10 16:12:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Joshua Berkus  wrote:

> SSI: PostgreSQL first

First *production* implementation.  The 2008 ACM SIGMOD paper
included a prototype implementation in Oracle Berkeley DB, and
Michael Cahill's 2009 doctoral thesis included a prototype
implementation in InnoDB.  Even though Cahill was hired by Oracle in
2009, I haven't been able to find any indication that Oracle has
included this technology in any production release of either of these
products, or any other.  I've checked their documentations without
finding references to anything but S2PL based SERIALIZABLE
implementations.

Having also tediously gone through every result page in in several
google searches using likely words, and diving into all pages which
look like they *could* refer to SSI, I haven't found any that
actually *do*.

I just wanted to provide enough detail to fashion a strong statement
that someone couldn't pick apart on the basis of the prototypes from
the academic papers.

-Kevin

pgsql-advocacy by date

Previous:From: Rafael MartinezDate: 2011-04-10 15:49:26
Subject: Re: Another theme ... 25th Anniversary of Postgres