If you've been looking for an open source GUI report writer/designer, or maybe you've already been experimenting with OpenRPT, you're invited to join us for a two-day online class (six hours total), delivered remotely on April 18 and 19.
OpenRPT is available as a free-standing tool on Sourceforge, but it's also embedded in PostBooks, the free and open source accounting, CRM, and ERP system from xTuple. The class will work with reports in both contexts.
You'll learn how to make cosmetic changes to reports, add fields to existing reports, create custom reports and much more. Reports can be saved as free-standing XML files, or stored in the database (which is how our ERP does it). The class will run in two three-hour sessions back-to-back later this month.
Join xTuple's Director of Product Training, Mike Atherton, for this unique remote training course which starts with a review of SQL basics and concludes with the creation of a new ad hoc report using OpenRPT.
Here's what you can expect to learn:
* a good grounding in database usage with instruction on SQL and Meta SQL (xTuple's simple scripting tool for preparing queries)
* an introduction to OpenRPT and how to make cosmetic changes to reports
* how to add new fields and other elements to existing xTuple reports
* the class concludes with a step by step demonstration of how to create a custom report in xTuple and deploy it through the renderer with xTuple custom commands
Here are the dates and times:
* Session I - Monday April 18th, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm/est
* Session II - Tuesday April 19th, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm/est
Learn more about the course at http://www.xtuple.com/training/openrpt, or go ahead and sign-up today at https://www.xtuple.com/xtorder/trsprpt. The cost of the class is just $375 - so that's 6 hours of training from the comfort of your home or office, while space is available.
One mea culpa: The class is offered via GotoMeeting, which is a pretty handy tool that runs great on Windows and Mac ... but as of yet, they don't seem to have a good Linux client. We know, we know. And this from the company that paid $500MM for Xen! But anyway...
Hope to see you there!
President and CEO
119 West York Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
tel. 757.461.3022 x101
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Daniele Varrazzo||Date: 2011-04-08 22:03:29|
|Subject: PostgreSQL Multiple Precision Arithmetic 1.0b1 available for testing|
|Previous:||From: Pavel Golub||Date: 2011-04-07 06:57:05|
|Subject: MicroOLAP Database Designer for PostgreSQL 1.8.0 Beta available|