Re: Rework on the dialogs UI

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rework on the dialogs UI
Date: 2011-04-08 13:38:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Le 08/04/2011 12:35, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> I think I know why. The OnChangeSize() method is specific to the Mac
>> platform. It substracts 550 to the height, but I lower the height a bit,
>> so 550 is probably too big now.
>
> Ahh no - it's because securityPage is NULL for a catalog dialogue - it
> just needs the first 2 lines to be guarded with "if (securityPage)".
> Not sure what the size is for - it seems to work whatever I set that
> too.

Oh OK. Thanks for the heads-up. This is now fixed (or at least, I hope
so :) ).

>>> I wonder if it should be 300 wide? The tab labels are all visible now,
>>> but the edges aren't.
>>>

>> Done in the patch attached.
>
> Looks better.

Good to know.

>>> :-)
>
> Hmm, actually the height is still an issue on the Privileges page. See
> the attached screenshot.

Fixed.

>>> Not quite - see the attached screenshot.
>>>

>> Should be fixed in the patch attached.
>
> Still a little too small - see the other screenshot.

The patch attached makes it a bit bigger. I won't be able to make it
bigger though if you want this dialog to work on a 800x600 pixels screen.

Wish I had the time to work on the new frmOptions dialog. We wouldn't
have this issue...

>>> BTW, that one also seems to be missing the status bar. Wanna fix that
>>> while you're there?
>>>

>> AFAIR, there is no status bar in the frmOptions window. Do you really
>> want to add it to this window? what for?
>
> It looks a bit crappy for a start - particularly the positioning of
> the OK/Cancel buttons. Also for consistency with the other dialogues,
> which I think all have a status bar these days.

Status bar added (but unused).

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr