Re: Connecting PHP-based Application to Postgres-9.0.3

From: Brian Fehrle <brianf(at)consistentstate(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connecting PHP-based Application to Postgres-9.0.3
Date: 2011-04-07 18:58:26
Lists: pgsql-php

If nothing is appearing in the log after a restart and new connection
attempts, that makes me think that the database isn't even receiving the
connection attempt, which would mean either wrong connection credentials
or something blocking it in between (since it looks like it's an app on
the same machine as the database, that's most likely not it.

I'd verify that the full connection string is correct, host, port, user,
and database name. Connect with psql like you did before, but specify
all the parameters:
and if it works, make sure it's the same information in the
configuration for your application.

Also, this may help:
http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopic.php?t=53350&p=251336 as it
mentions something about changing postgres7 to just postgres in the
config.php file.

- Brian F

Consistent State