Re: Rework on the dialogs UI

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rework on the dialogs UI
Date: 2011-04-07 13:57:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Le 07/04/2011 15:17, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 07/04/2011 14:58, Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

>>> Sorry, patch attached this time.
>>>

>> Hi
>>
>> Just took a quick look at a number of dialogues and had some comments:
>>
>> - Did you do a pass over *all* dialogues? dlgJob for example, isn't
>> touched, but I'm not sure it needs to be.
>>

> Yeah, I looked at all of them. I decided not to change dialogs that are
> not related to a SQL type (IOW, replication ones and pgAgent ones). They
> seem to work on a 800x600 screen.
>
>> - dlgDatabase isn't wide enough by default on the Mac (you cannot see
>> all of the tabs). Also applies to dlgFunction, and maybe others.
>>

> Should apply to dlgTable too.

Fixed that issue. I was only looking at a new database, rather than at
an existing one (a tab is added when looking at an existing database).

>> - The catalog properties dialogue crashes horribly.
>>

> It doesn't crash on my laptop (I tried with information_schema and
> pg_catalog on a PostgreSQL HEAD).

Still didn't reproduce it.

>> - Have you come up with a new set of standard sizes?
>>

> Yeah, two sizes:
>
>  * small one: 220,250

new small size is 250,250

>  * big one: 270,250
>
> But it seems I forgot dlgServer and dlgTable. Just fixed dlgServer.
> Working on dlgTable right now.

Fixed too.

I fixed also the frmOptions window.

New patch (to apply after the old one... I mean they both need to be
applied).

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr